This list includes all ebook and audio books that I did finish (or majority of it). I also kept 2 much shorter lists of my:
- Favorite fiction
- Favorite non-fiction
🍀 represents a fiction book, and some description since titles from fiction books do not tell much.
- The Handmaid’s Tale by Margaret Atwood 🍀 A dystopian whereby women have only certain roles. Handmaid is to reproduce children for commanders. Now a TV drama.
- How to stop time by Matt Haig 🍀 A 41-year-old history teacher is actually 400. He was friends with Shakespeare, Captain Cook and more.
- Kafka on the Shore by Haruki Murakami 🍀 A 15yo boy ran away, found his sister, and mother. An old man who can talk to cats and make fish rain.
- Klara and the Sun by Kazuo Ishiguro 🍀 A mother’s love, a robot’s faithfulness, and how irreplaceable is our hearts.
- Midnight Library by Matt Haig 🍀 She killed herself, but has a chance to try out her other lives in the parallel universe. Which would she choose?
- Norwegian Wood by Haruki Murakami 🍀 Love story of a young college student in the 60s
- How to Get Rich by Felix Dennis
- Killing Commendatore by Haruki Murakami 🍀 Again, there is ‘little people’, this time a 2-feet man, an idea from a painting.
- The Overstory 🍀 A novel, that is better scientific journal, about trees.
- Free food for millionaires by Min Jin Lee 🍀 About Koreans in America, struggles with work & love.
- 1Q84 by Haruki Murakami 🍀 It’s an alternate 1984, with little people
- Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert 🍀 on her post-breakup journey to Italy, India, and Bali
- Make Your Bed by a Navy Seal Admiral
- Fluent Forever by Gabriel Wyner
- How we learn by Benedict Carey
- Awareness by Anthony De Mello
- Golden Son by Pierce Brown 🍀 Part II of the trilogy, after Red Rising
- Exhalation by Ted Chiang 🍀 A few short stories to keep you wondering about tech in the future: always on camera, digi-pets with intelligence, multi-verse collaboration, etc
- It Doesn’t Have to Be Crazy at Work by Jason Fried & DHH (Basecamp)
- This is going to hurt: secret diaries of a junior doctor
2018 and before
Refer to #books and goodreads.
Some notable ones I have to list: