“What is originality? Undetected plagiarism.”
Steal Like An Artist embrace the concept of stealing ideas.
If you are repulsive towards stealing anything, I suggest you let it go.
Some learning points:
- Steal only worthy ideas
- Save your thefts for later
- Everything is a mashup (you = mashup of your father and mother)
- Also learn from the dead, who cannot reject apprentice
- It is better to take what not belongs to you than to let it lie around neglected
- Travel. When the world looks new, our brains work harder.
- Complain about the way other people make software by making software
- Write public fan letter
- Keep a praise file
- Keep a logbook (tracking how far you travel each day)
- Better to burn slow and see your grandkids (than burn out)
- To get over creative blocks, simply place some constraints on yourself
This is another awesome book worth buying.