Mobile Payment is not yet mature, but there are various possible offerings.
- Ericsson IPX - Provides billing to prepaid or monthly mobile subscribers in 24 countries
Paypal mobile checkout - Paypal is the most widely used online payment on web, but I am very disappointed with it on mobile and its sandbox development. Let me rant a bit during my integration with Paypal Mobile Checkout:
Could not find a sample code in Java. Instead, I only found PHP sample code. The API is not that hard to understand, but sample codes are always helpful to supplement pure documentation.
When using sandbox environment, more than 50% of the time I encountered ‘Internal Server Error’ or no response! How can they be down for half of the time and without notification? Even more surprisingly, I found out that they were using Apache 1.2…
- No where in the documentation states that Mobile Checkout is limited for some countries - USA and Canada - only. And when I asked about it in the official Paypal developer community, I did not get any reply. It is extremely dead there… my post is still one of the newest after 1 month.
- I finish integration fairly quickly, but my country (Singapore) is not supported! I still do not understand why Paypal mobile is different from Paypal web in terms of countries supported..
Google Mobile Checkout - I really need to check it out.. but some info:
- Cost and Fee: For every $1 spent on AdWords each month, merchants can process $10 in sales the following month through Google Checkout for free. For all other sales, the charge is a low 2% + $0.20 per transaction
- Ways to Integration: Light integration with ‘Buy Now’ buttons or use of API for developers.
- Supported Countries: Seems like only businesses in US and UK
- Checkout API
- Their ‘high’ payout rate
mChek - SMS PIN authentication