Mobile web site development. Some call it WAP development. In mobile devices, there are many different markup languages: XHTML MP (WAP 2.x), CHTML, WML (WAP1.x) and HTML (iphone, PC) too.
Guides & Links:
- Global Authoring Practices by Luca Passani - He is internationally known for mobile service and is more famously known as the author of WURFL - Free and open sourced! But too bad his Switcher is not free..
- Mowser Vs Google - Compare Mowser, which claims to be a better mobile transcoder than Google. Read here on a blog post and also how to prevent Google for automatically transcoding your Web site for mobile.
- ready.mobi - Checks if your mobile site is compliant with standards set.
- MIME Type for Symbian .sis:
<mime-mapping> <extension>sis</extension> <mime-type>application/vnd.symbian.install</mime-type> </mime-mapping>
MIME Type for Windows Mobile .cab:
<mime-mapping> <extension>cab</extension> <mime-type>application/x-cab-compressed</mime-type> </mime-mapping>
- Dynamically respond with the correct MIME type with just a few lines of code from here. This helps when device such as iphone could not browse a WAP site.
- MobileTech.mobi - Test for AJAX support
- Your Header - Display your http headers
- WURFL DB - The public interface to help updating device database
- Japan’s UA - List of user agent detected in Japan
- Korean KDDI - Info on KDDI mobile. Too bad I cant read Korean.
- WMLprogramming - Yahoo Discussion Group. Excellent.