Setting up GPRS for a phone is always a problem for mobile. This problem is usually diverted to mobile developer when an application does not work. But in fact, this is a user or telco problem, not ours!
Anyway, here are helpful links for setting up GPRS on phones:
Specially for the 3 Singapore telcos:
- Singtel GPRS
- Or make a service call: *43327
- The AP to use is IDEAS Internet. Do not use IDEAS WAP/MMS.
- Cost: ~0.53 cents per KB
- Call customer service at 1626, or 1800-i-1-IDEAS (1800-4-1-43327)
- Starhub GPRS Configuration Push
- Or SMS
S <phone model>to 2000. For example, a Nokia 6280 user will send “S N6280” to 2000.
- The AP to use is Gee! 3G GPRS or Prepaid Gee!GPRS.
- Cost: ~1.07 cents per KB
- Call customer service at 1633
- M1 GPRS
- Or SMS
<phone model>to 109. For example, a Nokia 6280 user will send “6280” to 109.
- The real Internet AP to use is Sunsurf. I am boycotting MiWorld - read here.
- Cost: ~1.07 cents per KB, in 10 KB blocks
- Call customer service at 1627