This development guide is geared towards Symbian S60 3rd Ed, but it would be similar for others like UIQ or MOAP.
Components to install
- Carbide c++ IDE 2. Express is free, but without GUI designer.
- ActivePerl v5.6.1 - Newer versions will not work!
- S60 SDK - S60 3rd FP2 Beta is the latest
To import existing projects, select “File > Import”. The to-be-imported project would require bld.inf. But if it does not exist, just create the file and enter the necessary info. Example:
Replace HelloWorld.mmp with your project mmp file, which you would have.
- Symbian Resources - Provides tutorials/lectures guide from Symbian OS course at University of Applied Sciences in Haganberg, Austria
Sample Applications & Code Snippets
- Nokia Discussion Forums
Nokia Discussion Forums - Good thread
- http://symbiancodex.com/ - Search code. >5000 indexed
- New Changes in Q4 2007
- Capability and its matched Functions
- How to - Acquire a Developer Cert and sign the SIS
How to - from GoSymbian.com
- As of 7 Dec, the new Q4 2007 is still not fully ready. In the documentation, some mentions like Open Signing are not available yet..